Enroll Online


This process is for NEW FAMILIES ONLY. For our existing families, please use your existing ParentVUE account to update your information.

How to Enroll:

The enrollment process differs, depending on whether or not your student is a school of choice candidate who is enrolling during the open enrollment period, a non-resident student enrolling outside of the open enrollment period, or a student living within the district boundaries. Details on the enrollment process for each type is outlined below.

Resident Students (inside of the Fenton Area Public Schools boundaries)
  • Proceed to the enrollment portal and begin the online registration process by creating a ParentVUE account.
School of Choice Candidates – Enrolling During the Open Enrollment Period (follow each step below)
  1. Ensure that you are enrolling during the open enrollment window. Second Semester 2021-2022 open enrollment period begins January 3, 2022 through January 14, 2022. If you are enrolling within this period, please proceed to step 2. If you are enrolling outside of this enrollment window you must follow the Non-Resident enrollment process. Please skip to the next section, entitled Non-Resident Enrollment for details.
  2. Complete a School of Choice Application – Click Here to View and Download
  3. Submit your School of Choice Application – Click Here to View and Download
    • For Kindergarten through 5th grade students, submit the application, and required materials, to the Fenton Area Public Schools Administration Office, located at 3100 Owen Rd., Fenton, MI 48430
    • For 6th through 8th grade students, submit the school of choice application, and required materials, to Andrew G. Schmidt Middle School, located at 3255 Donaldson Drive, Fenton, MI 48430
    • For 9th through 12th grade students, submit the school of choice application, and required materials, to Fenton High School, located at 3200 W. Shiawassee Ave, Fenton, MI 48430
  4. Your application will be reviewed by Fenton Area Public Schools, and you will be contacted via mail with the next steps.
    • IMPORTANT: Please do not begin the online enrollment process until you have been contacted via mail.
  5. Once you have received the letter confirming your student’s enrollment, please proceed to the enrollment portal and create a ParentVUE account.
Non-Resident Enrollment – Enrolling Outside of the Open Enrollment Period (follow each step below)
  1. When trying to enroll outside of the Open Enrollment Period, you must first obtain an Administrative Release from your current school district.
    • Contact your current district to request this release document.
  2. Please complete and deliver the Non-Resident Application, along with the Administrative Release Letter, to the Fenton Area Public Schools Administration Office.

Enrollment Portal Information:

 During the online enrollment process you will be asked to submit electronic copies of the following:

  • 2 PROOFS OF RESIDENCY (such as driver’s license, utility bill, property tax bill, voter registration, rent receipt or rental agreement)

If you have any issues with the online enrollment process, please contact our enrollment coordinator, Amanda Mogford, at amogford@fentonschools.org (810) 591-4712. We are here to help!!!

If your student qualifies for special education services, please schedule an intake appointment by calling the Special Services Office at (810) 591-8302.  This must take place prior to contacting the Counseling Department at the building level to set up a scheduling appointment.

Children enrolling/registering to attend an elementary school in the fall of the following year will not be officially assigned to a school until mid-August. We cannot guarantee placement into a particular school of your choice. Students living in a limited walking area or having siblings in a building will be given top priority.  Please note that all district offices will be closed on Friday during the summer months.

Summer Enrollment Overview

Summer enrollment for all buildings, including elementary, will be handled at the Fenton Administrative office (3100 Owen Rd., 810-591-4712). Note that all building offices will be closed on Friday during the summer months.

How to request a release from Fenton

The parent/guardian of a Fenton resident student who wants to attend a different public school district should send a written request to the Amanda Mogford, Enrollment Coordinator, 3100 Owen Rd., Fenton, MI 48430. The request should include:

  • A brief reason for the request
  • The name and grade of the student(s) for whom the release is requested
  • The district the student would like to attend
  • The parent/guardian’s name, address, and telephone number

Based on the above information the District will determine whether to grant the request in accordance with the policy of the Fenton Board of Education. At this time the Fenton Area Public Schools grants most requests for release. The District will provide a written response to the parent/guardian indicating approval or denial of the request. A copy of this letter will also be sent to the district to whom the release has been requested.

Release is not necessary for students who want to enroll in either a private school, charter school, or alternative education program.

If you have further questions regarding this process, please contact Amanda Mogford at 810-591-4712.

Start typing and press Enter to search