IMPORTANT for current families (July 2019)
Dear Fenton Area Public Schools Families,
I hope you are enjoying this weather and finding time to recharge. I am contacting you today to help us update our student registrations for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Last year we started our online registration initiative to bring FAPS further into the 21st century when it comes to student information systems and to save a little paper along the way.
Since you are already a part of our FAPS Tiger family, you do not have to enroll with us again and your child is already in our system. However, you do need to register as the school year rolls over. If you have already updated your child’s registration for the 2019-2020 school year, thank you, we appreciate your prompt action. If you have not yet had an opportunity to update your child’s registration for the 2019-2020 school year, we ask that you log into the Online Registration through your existing ParentVue Account.
We know that change can be hard and sometimes it is best to reach out and ask for assistance. Our central office team is eager to help anyway they can. If you need a question answered regarding how to register your student for the 2019-2020 school year, please call Amanda Mogford at 810-591-4712. Our team is also available to help in person on these days from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.:
- Monday, July 22
- Monday, July 29
- Monday, August 5
- Wednesday, August 14
- Wednesday, August 21
By registering your child for the upcoming year sooner than later, it allows us to understand our enrollment numbers more clearly and what staffing needs we may have for next school year. Once logged in, please enter an email address to improve communication between home and school. Again, thank you and Go Tigers!
Dr. Adam J Hartley
Learn more about the August 6th Sinking Fund Vote: www.fentonsinkingfund.com
Update Student Registration
for 2019-2020 School Year
Steps to follow if you have a ParentVUE UserID:
- Open your internet browser and navigate to <https://parentvue.geneseeisd.org/fent/login_parent_oen.aspx>
- Click I am a parent.
- Enter UserID and Password.
- Use the Forgot password link if you do not remember your password. This is located by clicking More Options.
- IMPORTANT! If you do not have access to this email address, please contact the School or Administration office to have your email address updated. Do NOT create a new ParentVUE Account or you will create a duplicate parent in the student information system.
Steps to follow to create your account for if you DO NOT yet have a UserID/ParentVue Account:
- Open your internet browser and navigate to <https://Parentvue.Geneseeisd.org/fent> and click I am a parent.
- Click More Options.
- Click Activate Account and click I Accept the Privacy Statement.
- Enter your name and activation key exactly as they appear in the header of this letter, and click Continue to Step 3.
- Choose a username and password, provide an email address, and click Complete Account Activation.
Once you have logged onto ParentVue click the Online Registration and proceed to registration.
You are finished once you have completed all steps and click SUBMIT.
For new students to the district, bring the following documents to the school building OR the Fenton Administration Building (3100 Owen Road, Fenton, MI 48430) as soon as possible:
- TWO Proofs of Residency (rent, lease, mortgage, utility, etc.)
- Updated Immunization Record
- Current Vision & Hearing Screening
- Updated Health Appraisal
- (If applicable) Custody Papers