January 17, 2020
Dear Fenton Area Public Schools Community,
I want to thank you for your patience and understanding this year as we have published the school calendar month to month in collaboration with the Fenton Education Association while we continue to negotiate a new contract. A full calendar is always the goal and we understand how important it is to have a full calendar so both our staff and our families may be prepared for future days off and events.
The calendar for the second semester of the 2019-2020 school year is below. These dates are subject to change based on future negotiations and/or days missed due to severe weather. It is our intention to communicate the second semester calendar so we may run the district properly and to allow both our staff, and our families, the opportunity to know what is expected until June. Again, thank you for your patience.
Dr. Adam Hartley
Superintendent, Fenton Area Public Schools
Fenton Area Public Schools District Calendar
2nd Semester Calendar for 2019-20
- Friday, February 14, 2020 Half day K-12 / Teacher PD in the PM
- Monday, February 17, 2020 No school K-12 / President’s Day
- Week of March 2, 2020 Parent teacher conference week / See attached detail
- Friday, March 6, 2020 Half day dismissal K-12
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 No school K-12 / Full day teacher PD
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 Half day K-5-no school in the PM / Full day 6-12
- Friday, March 13, 2020 Half day K-5-no school in the PM / Full day 6-12
- Week of March 30, 2020 Spring break per county common calendar
- Monday, April 6, 2020 School resumes
- Friday, April 10, 2019 No school / Good Friday
- Week of April 13, 2020 State testing week
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020 No school K-12 / Full day teacher PD
- Friday, May 22, 2020 Half day K-12 / No school for teachers or students in the PM
- Monday, May 25, 2020 No School K-12 / Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020 Half day K-12
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 Half day K-12 / last day of 2019-20 school year
Calendar is tentative based on negotiations with the teacher’s association.
Dates may also be adjusted due to excessive inclement weather days if necessary.
Spring 2020 Parent Teacher Conference Dates
State Road, North Road, Tomek Eastern and Ellen Street Campus
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 4pm-7pm
Elementary teachers will contact K-5 parents to make a conference appointment.
AGS Middle School
Monday, March 2, 2020 4pm-7pm
Fenton High School
Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4pm-7pm
Middle and High School conferences will be held on a drop in basis in the gymnasium of the individual school at the time listed.